Invisible aligner (Invisalign) or clear braces, Inman Aligner or fixed?
Are you unhappy with your crooked teeth? Do you want to have them fixed? Are you confused what treatment to choose or who to turn to? Then worry no more!
At Caspian dental Clinic we provide short term cosmetic orthodontic treatments. We are a small private cosmetic dental clinic situated at the heart of Bushey in Watford with a passion to give people confidence to smile.
The two types of orthodontic treatment we provide, are:
Clear Aligner (Invisible Braces) and Inman Aligner (speedy spring braces).
Clear Aligners (Removable braces) Also Known as Invisalign
Clear Aligner invisible tooth positioners are the clear and simple cosmetic solution to realign and deliver the smile that our patients desire. Treating first pre molar to pre molar (Anterior alignment).
Looking for an alternative to metal braces? Clear Aligner is the clear and simple choice. No wires or brackets. Just clear, convenient comfort. Every reason to smile!
Clear Aligners clear positioners are comfortable, clear and easy to wear. Made from wafer thin medical grade plastic, the clear positioners are manufactured specifically for your patient. The positioners are worn in a series of one week periods which gently align the teeth to their desired position, helping you to attain that perfect smile for your patient. The clear positioners are ideal for straightening out overlapping, crowded or spaced teeth.
The cases which we provide Clear Aligners for are generally; mild, moderate anterior misalignment cases, “some” lapsed Orthodontic cases maybe suitable for Clear Aligner treatment. Also they can be used to help finish orthodontic treatment where another appliance has been used but not achieved the full result.
Many advantages of the clear aligners:
- Transparent – transparent splint, nearly invisible. It has no effect on speech and laugh
- Comfortable – the high quality splint gives a good mouth feeling. It is smooth without screws and wires
- Removable – the splint can be removed any time and reinsert easily, for example for eating or cleaning
- Hygienic – it is easy to clean with tooth paste or tooth brush
- Effective – the treatment with the splint leads to optimum and precise results in short time
- Reasonable – in many cases, the treatment is much more favourable as other types of treatment for the correction of malocclusion
Course of treatment
From consultation to optimal treatment results, it involves:
1. Consulting your cosmetic dentist
Discuss your possible treatment using the CLEAR ALIGNER system with your doctor.
2. Taking impressions
Impressions of your upper and lower jaw form the basis for producing a perfectly fitting splint.
3. Producing the splint
The splints are accurately and individually produced for you in the lab.
Your dentist regularly monitors the progress of the treatment throughout the time you wear your splint, and from time to time will take new impressions in order to achieve the best result.
This specific orthodontic appliance is used to correct minor problem, correction of the malocclusion such as diastema or crowding of teeth.
Cases not suitable for Clear Aligner would be for instance:
- Fixed bridge work, implants and veneers
- Primary Teeth
- Severely rotated teeth
- Mixed dentition
- Gum disease and loose teeth
- Poor Oral Hygiene
- Non-compliant patient
- Unhealthy roots
- Heavy crowding
How long does treatment with Clear Aligner take?
As with metallic braces, Clear Aligner aligners may take more or less time to have their desired effect depending on the position of your teeth. Treatment with Clear Aligner lasts 6-24 months. Your private cosmetic dentist will set out treatment times before you start your Clear Aligner treatment.
What is an Inman Aligner?
The Inman Aligner is a simple removable appliance used to align front teeth quickly and safely. It's ideal as a standalone treatment or to prealign teeth prior to further cosmetic options such as bonding or minimal veneers.
How does it work?
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly.
The image below shows the squeeze effect of the two aligner bows on the front teeth. The inner bow pushes forwards, while the outer bow pulls back on the front teeth.
How long is the treatment with the Inman Aligner?
Most cases are completed within 6-18 weeks. Your Inman Aligner dentist will give you a realistic guide of what to expect. For suitable cases, the Inman Aligner is usually much faster than alternative orthodontic techniques.
What's involved in Treatment with the Inman Aligner?
- Book a consultation with our certified dentist who will determine if the Inman Aligner is suitable for you.
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Initial fitting of the Aligner.
- Wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day
- Regular Inman checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a lingually bonded retainer or a removable retainer.
With the Inman Aligner, you can straighten your front teeth in a matter of weeks! View some of the cases for yourself and see what the Inman Aligner can do for you!
Upper and Lower Crowding
Upper and lower Inman Aligners were used to align this 33 years old man's teeth in just 4 months. His teeth were also whitened. He loved the result and he found them much easier to keep clean.
Align, Bleach + Bond (ABB)
An Inman Aligner was used for only 10 weeks to reduce the protrusion and close the gap. Whitening and composite bonding were used to complete the improvements and this lady was very happy with the result.
An Inman Aligner was used to dramatically reduce the protrusion in only 4 months. The teeth were whitened and contoured and this lady was overjoyed with the result.
Upper and Lower Crowding
The upper teeth were straightened with an Inman aligner in only 8 weeks. Another Inman Aligner was used to align the lower teeth in an amazing 6 weeks! Tooth whitening and composite bonding was used to add the finishing touches.
This woman wanted an orthodontic option that was fast and removable so the Inman Aligner was the ideal choice. The remarkable transformation was completed in only 9 weeks and she was thrilled with the result.
Align and Veneers
This young woman chose to align her teeth with an Inman Aligner first so the veneers would involve very little tooth preparation for a safer, stronger and healthier result. The Inman Aligner took only 6 weeks and the veneers were finished 4 weeks later.
This young woman's upper teeth only took 11 weeks to straighten with an Inman Aligner. As the teeth were gently pulled back all the spaces became fully closed and she loves the look of her new smile.
An Inman Aligner was used to align the upper teeth in 10 weeks and the more crowded lowers took 12 weeks, also with an Inman Aligner. Once straight, the teeth were then whitened to complete the look and this young woman was thrilled with the result.
Comparison table for different methods of orthodontic treatments
|Clear Aligner||Inman Aligner||Fixed Braces|
|Definition||A series of plastic rigid trays||A spring aligner||Metal/clear brackets+arch wires|
High intermittent forces
Gentle and constant force
|Hours to wear||
20 to 22 hours a day
16 to 20 hours a day
24 hours a day
Inman aligner bar fairly visible
Visible if on the front surface of the teeth
|Length of treatment||
6 to 24 months
6 to 24 weeks
2 to 3 years
|Over all star rating||**||****||**|
I hope that the information provided helps you understand the concept of short term cosmetic orthodontic treatment.
to learn more , have a look at our treatment page for short term orthodontics at http://www.caspiandentalclinic.com/treatments/Short-term-orthodontics-Invisible-braces-and-Inman-Aligners
Call us to book a free consultation now on 01923254979.
- Is make-up application after injectable cosmetic treatments safe?, 05 May 2019
- Tooth whitening Facts, 26 March 2019
- Fred, the tooth fairy says:, 25 February 2019
- straight or crooked? vanity or necessity , 22 January 2019
- Floss and clean between your teeth before brushing!, 15 January 2019
- Mouth cancer awareness, 02 January 2019
- Diamond Cleaning, 04 April 2018
- Desire for eternal youth and rejuvenation treatments, 04 May 2017
- Orthodontic treatments for adults, A to Z of what you need to know, 27 April 2017
- Fluoride -friend or enemy, 16 January 2017
- Benefits of Invisible Braces, 20 September 2016
- Best Private Dental Practice 2016 - North West London , 09 September 2016