Impact of straight teeth on social interactions, How orthodontic treatment can help.
Theses days , having straight teeth is not a luxury but a must have. Orthodontic treatment has moved from being an aesthetic treatment to be a corrective essential one.
Many people perceive the teeth as the outstanding feature when it comes to meeting someone for the first time. Most of the people are inclined to remember attractive features than the unpleasant ones. Maybe this is the reason so many people acknowledge the importance of a nice smile. Considering the Increased demand for straight teeth in older generations more discreet orthodontic systems have been developed. Clear aligners straighten teeth like metal braces, yet they are more affordable, comfortable, less noticeable and more compatible with people's life choices.
First impressions are the most important ones and they are made within the first 3 seconds of meeting someone. No wonder many adults are concerned about how their smile might affect their chances for employment or advancement in competitive social situations such as dating.
Kelton Research carried out a digital perception study on the images of men and women with straight and crooked teeth. The survey was taken by 1,047 nationally representative Americans.In the study,participants were shown images of people with various dental issues and asked to give their honest opinion about them, unaware that they were comparing people with straight teeth to crooked teeth. Results of the study indicated that participants perceive people with straight teeth to have more desirable qualities than those with crooked teeth, these qualities included being happy, being loved and professionally successful.
- Straight teeth means Lasting first impression: It's important to have attractive teeth as part of a smile because pearly whites make a lasting first impression. Nearly one-third (29%) of Americans say the first aspect of someone's face they typically notice is his or her teeth, and 24% say this is also the facial aspect that they remember the most after meeting someone.
- Straight Teeth are indicators of personal, professional and financial success : When looking at images, Americans perceive those with straight teeth to be 45% more likely than those with crooked teeth to get a job when competing with someone who has a similar skill set and experience. They are also seen as 58% more likely to be successful, as well as 58% more likely to be wealthy. Straight teeth means chemistry at first sight When it comes to attracting a possible mate on a dating site, those with straight teeth are seen as 57% more likely than those with crooked teeth to get a date based on their picture alone
- Crooked Teeth indicate Dull Social Life: Nearly two in five (38%) Americans would consider not going on a second date with someone who has crowded teeth. Far fewer would reject someone who lives with his or her parents (23%). Straight Teeth are linked to Good Personality: People connect more virtues with men and women who have straight teeth than those who have crooked teeth. Those with straight teeth are 21% more likely to be seen as happy, 47% more likely to be viewed as being healthy and 38% more likely to be perceived as smart.
- Straight teeth= more credible : Nearly three in four (73%) Americans would be more likely to trust someone with a nice smile than someone with a good job, outfit, or car.
- Must have List: Having an attractive smile is something important to many Americans. Close to three in five (57%) Americans would rather have a nice smile than clear skin. What's more, 87% would give up something for a year in order to have a nice smile for the rest of their life; more than one-third of these people would give up dessert or holidays.
At Caspian Dental Clinic we acknowledge the increase demand for straight and whiter teeth. Our experienced dentist provides modern short term orthodontic solutions such as invisable aligners-also known as Invisalign or invisible braces and Inman aligners. With these systems , teeth can be straightened in as short as 6 months. Tooth whitening can be combined with the orthodontic treatment for maximum smile enhancement. should you wish to know more about our orthodontic services, please visit our treatment pages: http://caspiandentalclinic.com/treatments/Short-term-orthodontics-Invisible-braces-and-Inman-Aligners
If you prefer to book a consultation, please call us on 01923254979
- Diamond Cleaning, 04 April 2018
- Desire for eternal youth and rejuvenation treatments, 04 May 2017
- Orthodontic treatments for adults, A to Z of what you need to know, 27 April 2017
- Fluoride -friend or enemy, 16 January 2017
- Benefits of Invisible Braces, 20 September 2016
- Best Private Dental Practice 2016 - North West London , 09 September 2016
- The magic mushroom for the treatment of gum disease, 11 August 2016
- 5 Things you need to know about invisible braces for grown-ups, 29 July 2016
- Impact of straight teeth on social interactions, How orthodontic treatment can help., 27 July 2016
- Dental and oral Hygiene tips to secure the promotion you have been waiting for , 22 July 2016
- Why to choose Caspian Dental Clinic for your dental care, 28 April 2016
- 60 is the new 30, 22 March 2016