straight or crooked? vanity or necessity
Orthodontic treatment is the treatment of crooked, crowded or malpositioned teeth.
Many people have crowded or crooked teeth or their teeth don't meet correctly when they bite. These problems can mean the teeth are more likely to become damaged or put a strain on jaw muscles. In some cases, abnormal development of the teeth and jaw can affect the shape of the face.
Individuals who had completed orthodontic treatment have a better oral health-related quality of life than those currently under treatment or those who never had treatment.
The teeth are moved carefully applying controlled forces to move them into the optimal position.
The benefits of orthodontics can include:
•correction of dental crowding and straightening of your teeth and improvement of individual’s oral health
•correction of your bite so the front and back teeth meet evenly •reducing the chance of damage to prominent teeth
•improving your appearance, including your smile and self esteem
Private orthodontic treatment is widely available. The fee can range from £2,000 to £6,000, depending on the complexity of the treatment and the type of appliances used, but fees can be higher. A private dentist will estimate the treatment cost after an initial assessment of the problem. Short-term braces are used to quickly straighten and correct the most visible front teeth in a discreet and comfortable manner.
What is short-term orthodontic treatment?
Short-term treatment can get results in less than a year. This kind of orthodontic treatment only focuses on correcting some of the teeth, not all. The main reason why short-term treatment is to improve the crowding and appearance of the front six upper and/or lower teeth, also called the "social six". These teeth are the most visible teeth when smiling. Appliances used in short-term treatment may include removable braces or Inman aligners.
Popular with adults
Short-term treatment is suitable for most patients, although it is mainly reserved for adults. It is most commonly used to fix mild-to-moderate anterior crowding problems, such as levelling and aligning teeth, correcting rotations and closing small gaps. Appointment intervals for short-term treatment depends on the method of treatment, amount of crowding and is based on the clinical judgement of your practitioner.
Straight teeth should not be a remote dream, call us and book your appointment today and start your journey to a more natural and straight smile.
Call us on 01923254979 now.
- straight or crooked? vanity or necessity , 22 January 2019
- Floss and clean between your teeth before brushing!, 15 January 2019
- Mouth cancer awareness, 02 January 2019
- Diamond Cleaning, 04 April 2018
- Desire for eternal youth and rejuvenation treatments, 04 May 2017
- Orthodontic treatments for adults, A to Z of what you need to know, 27 April 2017
- Fluoride -friend or enemy, 16 January 2017
- Benefits of Invisible Braces, 20 September 2016
- Best Private Dental Practice 2016 - North West London , 09 September 2016
- The magic mushroom for the treatment of gum disease, 11 August 2016
- 5 Things you need to know about invisible braces for grown-ups, 29 July 2016
- Impact of straight teeth on social interactions, How orthodontic treatment can help., 27 July 2016