Tooth Whitening in Bushey, Watford
The results of a study conducted by an independent research firm provide new evidence that a beautiful white smile has a direct effect on successful interpersonal interactions, both socially and professionally.
"The Impact of Whiter Teeth on Key First Impressions" study, commissioned by Crest Whitestrips, shows that a whiter smile substantially affects how others think of you when you first meet.
According to the study, which included simulated job interviews, simulated first dates and a quantitative online survey; more than half of the study participants were more likely to be hired (58%) and received larger salary offers (53%) after their teeth had been whitened.
The study also found that evaluators expressed a greater interest in continuing their interaction or "date" with more than half of the study participants (54%) after their teeth had been whitened.
"This study provides some of the first findings that speak to the powerful benefits of having a whiter smile," says Dr. Dacher Keltner, smile psychologist and Professor of Psychology at University of California at Berkeley.
"Visible from 200 feet, it is the intense focus of what other people look at, and a sign of our warmth, confidence, and health."
During the simulated job interviews, it was also found that a majority of the study participants were viewed to be more professional (65%) and more confident (61%) after their teeth had been whitened. And, on their simulated first dates, more than half of study participants were viewed to be more outgoing (59%) after their teeth had been whitened. The third part of the study, a quantitative online survey of 1,006 people, was consistent with the first two studies conducted, finding that individuals with whiter teeth have more positive attributes than individuals with stained teeth across the following variables: financial success, trustworthiness and professional success.
Regardless of gender,age, income, education, employment or martial status, participants came to the same conclusion.
Additionally, participants were asked about the importance of personal appearance. Across the board, the majority agrees a person's appearance is an indication of their:
- Professional success (68%)
- Financial success (64%)
- Trustworthiness (52%)
"White teeth clearly extend far beyond just our smiles," says Sunny Jain, Brand Manager for Crest Whitestrips. "We've provided whiter smiles to more than 30 million people and are thrilled the results of this study affirm their positive affect on social and professional situations."
Source Procter & Gamble, with thanks to Kelton Research
At Caspian Dental Clinic, we provide the perfect Tooth whitening regime for you to boost your confidence and bring the dazzle back to your pearly smile. Caspian dental Clinic ( the best practice in Bushey) provides Phillips Zoom and Enlighten systems-two of the BEST KNOWN TOOTH WHITENING SYSTEMS in dentistry.
To book your appointment, call us on 01923254979, we are a phone call away.
Caspian dental clinic is a Private dental Clinic ideally situated in Watford, about 100 yards away from Bushey Train Station. We cover Watford, Stanmore, Harrow, Bushey, Oxhey, Edgeware and Borehamwood.
- Diamond Cleaning, 04 April 2018
- Desire for eternal youth and rejuvenation treatments, 04 May 2017
- Orthodontic treatments for adults, A to Z of what you need to know, 27 April 2017
- Fluoride -friend or enemy, 16 January 2017
- Benefits of Invisible Braces, 20 September 2016
- Best Private Dental Practice 2016 - North West London , 09 September 2016
- The magic mushroom for the treatment of gum disease, 11 August 2016
- 5 Things you need to know about invisible braces for grown-ups, 29 July 2016
- Impact of straight teeth on social interactions, How orthodontic treatment can help., 27 July 2016
- Dental and oral Hygiene tips to secure the promotion you have been waiting for , 22 July 2016
- Why to choose Caspian Dental Clinic for your dental care, 28 April 2016
- 60 is the new 30, 22 March 2016